(photo credit: Fortune Cookie – Success by Flazingo Photos on flickr.com. https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0/legalcode)
I’m kind of an inspirational quote junkie. I love finding ones that resonate with me, copying them down, and looking back at them when I’m needing a little lift. Or a big one.
Here are ten I turn to frequently these days. Maybe they’ll give you the boost you need, too.
- “The man who moves mountains begins by carrying away small stones.” –Confucius
- “Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” –Thomas A. Edison
- “Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe that your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires courage.” –Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Let yourself be silently drawn by the strange pull of what you really love. It will not lead you astray.” –Rumi
- “It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.” –Vince Lombardi
- “I honestly think it is better to be a failure at something you love than to be a success at something you hate.” –George Burns
- “Fall seven times, stand up eight.” –Japanese Proverb
- “Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.” –Helen Keller
- “It’s not that I’m so smart, it’s just that I stay with problems longer.” –Albert Einstein
- “It is never too late to be what you might have been.” –George Eliot
I'd love to hear what you think. Share in the comments section at the bottom of the page.
Please share my posts with your friends by clicking on the FB, Twitter, or email share buttons found below. And if you like what you've read, click on the Facebook like button.
You won't miss a post if you sign up to receive my musings by email (see the sidebar on this page).