(photo: Old and new. Photo taken by Prasanth Chandran on Flickr. http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/legalcode)
It was hard to choose which quotes to share but here are some of my favorite quotes about growing older.
- “As you grow older, you will discover you have two hands: one for helping yourself and the other for helping others.” –Audrey Hepburn
- “The secret of genius is to carry the spirit of the child into old age.” –Aldous Huxley
- “Nothing makes a woman look so old as trying desperately hard to look young.” –CoCo Chanel
- “We turn older with years but newer every day.” –Emily Dickinson
- “I may be a senior but so what? I’m still hot.” –Betty White
- “The best classroom in the world is at the feet of an elderly person.” –Andy Rooney
- “I don’t want to get to the end of my life and find that I just lived the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well.” –Diane Ackerman
- “None are so old as those who have outlived enthusiasm.” –Henry David Thoreau
- “Those who love deeply never grow old; they may die of old age, but they die young.” –Ben Franklin
- “Everything about aging in my experience so far has been a plus. Except the death part.” –Gloria Steinem
And a bonus quote that left me shaking my head with a huge smile on my face: “Twenty-three is old. It’s almost 25, which is like almost mid-20s.” –Jessica Simpson
I'd love to hear what you think. Share in the comments section at the bottom of the page.
Please share my posts with your friends by clicking on the FB, Twitter, or email share buttons found below. And if you like what you've read, click on the Facebook like button.
You won't miss a post if you sign up to receive my musings by email (see the sidebar on this page).