Social media eats up a lot of time.
I don’t mind scrolling through the quick stuff (quotes, cartoons, family photos) because they only stop me for a minute or so, depending on whether I add a like or a favorite or a comment or a retweet.
The posts that are links to blogs or articles or commentary of interest to me may slow me down but I’m okay with that since I usually come out ahead, having been entertained or educated.
It is the posts, often of hard-to-make-sense-of photos with uninspired tag lines, that drive me crazy. The couple of word lead-ins are insipid yet, with me, they often act as bait, and I’m hooked. I click the damn link. And time is wasted. A lot of time is wasted.
I tried to figure out why something so obvious and cheesy draws me in as it does. Is it my ridiculous need to know? My curiosity? My gullibility?
I pulled together 10 of the worst offenders here.
- This will blow your mind. You have to see it.
- God I hope this NEVER happens to me.
- Zoom in. It isn’t what you think.
- This is the creepiest thing I’ve ever seen.
- Watch out. These everyday items may be killing you.
- You will DEFINITELY want to try this.
- No matter how many times I watch this, I still can’t believe it.
- You NEED to see this.
- Cuteness overload.
- What happens at the 13 second mark will amaze you.
I realize I am a sucker for these time-sucks, but they get me most of the time. And without fail, I’m always disappointed.
I'd love to hear what you think. Share in the comments section at the bottom of the page.
Please share my posts with your friends by clicking on the FB, Twitter, or email share buttons found below. And if you like what you've read, click on the Facebook like button.
You won't miss a post if you sign up to receive my musings by email (see the sidebar on this page).