(photo credit: Sam Foster, after the first Boston blizzard of 2015)
I just looked out the window and guess what? It’s snowing. Again.
101.8 inches have fallen here so far this winter (as of 2/25/15.) Seven more inches and this winter will be the snowiest ever according to Boston records.
My friend Laurie pointed out that making history might not make up for the craziness of the last few weeks, but it would be a much better reward than suffering through this without making history.
So in the spirit of finding ways to enjoy at least seven more inches of snow this season, I’ve made a list of ten things I love about this winter’s snow and cold.
- After a big snowfall, our town becomes the definition of a magical winter wonderland.
- Every day, we build fires in the fireplace.
- There’s more time to snuggle under a blanket and read. Or watch Netflix.
- My husband looks like the Michelin man in the parka he wears to snow blow the driveway.
- It’s impossible to keep a straight face falling all over myself trying to make paths for my dog in the multiple feet of snow in our backyard.
- Cashmere sweaters all day, every day.
- Watching dozens of birds congregate at our feeder after we fill it with seeds.
- Tea and cocoa and coffee with cookies, 24/7.
- Lots of steaming hot, homemade soup.
- And, last but not least, the knowledge that finally, we are closer to Spring than we are to Fall.
Can you add to the list with things that make you happy despite the insanity of the weather this year (if you live in one of those unusually warm places, you can make stuff up)?
I’m determined to not let this weather bring me down.
I'd love to hear what you think. Share in the comments section at the bottom of the page.
Please share my posts with your friends by clicking on the FB, Twitter, or email share buttons found below. And if you like what you've read, click on the Facebook like button.
You won't miss a post if you sign up to receive my musings by email (see the sidebar on this page).